Monday, July 5, 2010

officially an e-reader

I am a 22year old today, and I will celebrate by adding as many free books as possible on my new amazon kindle. A big thank you to my cousin, auntie, and uncle for the thoughtful gift!


For anyone considering purchasing one, true the functionality isn't mindblowing, but I love how the kindle does not have a normal screen. The e-ink is amazing, allowing me to see in direct sunlight without glare and with little battery use.

Currently, I'm reading the original Twilight, that is Bram Stoker's Dracula. And I'm wondering, what you reading and do you have any suggestions for fun summer reads?

(and thank you all for the kind birthday wishes)

4 comments:

  1. Yes, yes, yes. It's such a perfect gift for you. I got a Kindle just after graduating, and it's been great. Nothing incredibly mind-blowing after the first day of use, but it's helped me through some real boring slices of life.

    I'm currently reading The Tipping Point on my Kindle. It cost $10, but it was worth it. Also, it was fun to read a few Sherlock Holmes mysteries, which were all free.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I forgot.

    Pride and Prejudice and Zombies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha I'm actually reading Pride and Prejudice (the original) right now! I catch myself saying, "Mr. Darcy, oh no he didnnntt."

    I had no idea you got a kindle too! congrats, there should be wireless communication between whispernet users, like a kindle skype.

    I'll look into the Tipping Point, but next on my list is called The Perfect Red: Empire, Espionage, and the Quest for the Color of Desire. Its nonfic, following the story of the color red, specifically carmine (from the acid of this bug in Mexico) throughout history like the Spanish conquistadores. Also, the subject was recently on Cash Cab, so haha I was excited that I knew the answer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh and is Malcolm Gladwell really funny? I heard him on the moth and he was funny there.

    ReplyDelete